Re: Summary of the debian-devel BoF at Debconf9

Michael Banck <mbanck@debian.org> writes:

> Another important discussion was about dealing with big and repetetive
> threads.  Most people seemed to agree that those threads are a problem
> and it was suggested to mail the involved people privately and ask them
> to reconsider mailing the same arguments multiple times.

I think the most effective way of tackling this would be if we could
somehow reassure people that the loudest voice isn't going to carry the
day in discussions of project technical direction.  I think the fear that
if one doesn't keep rebutting one's position will be steamrolled is what
drives much of the repetitive discussion in those large threads.