Re: On cadence and collaboration

Michael Banck wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 07, 2009 at 10:55:36AM +0200, Julien Cristau wrote:
>> On Fri, Aug  7, 2009 at 10:38:56 +0200, Bernd Zeimetz wrote:
>
>>> How does Ubuntu want to do a proper (commercial) support for their packages if
>>> they don't even have the time/manpower to take care of their bugs? Taking care
>>> of bugs is something that should be done properly in every distribution.
>>
>> You can look at bugs filed by paying customers, and ignore the rest.
>
> Really, I don't think discussing Canonical's business model and/or
> Ubuntu/Canonical's approach to QA/bug triaging/bug fixing has to be
> discussed here.

As long as it is (partly?) based on the fact that bugs will be fixed by Debian
for free so Ubuntu can just reuse the bugfixes and get the money for them, I
think it should be discussed. There is nothing bad in general with that as long
as Ubuntu gives their bugfixes back to Debian and we don't have to retrieve them
out of a mess of Ubuntu patches...

--
 Bernd Zeimetz                             Debian GNU/Linux Developer
 GPG Fingerprints: 06C8 C9A2 EAAD E37E 5B2C BE93 067A AD04 C93B FF79