Re: On cadence and collaboration

On 2009-08-06, Russ Allbery <rra@debian.org> wrote:
> The apparently partly-automated bug reports from what appears to be your
> live CD system are particularly bad.  Many of them are automated dumps of
> translated install logs with translated error messages, which drastically
> limits the number of people who can figure out what's going on.

While the upgrade errors are mildly annoying (somebody *did* expirience them,
though), the automated coredump retracing is very, very useful.  If anybody
hits a segv in my C++ packages and go through the bug reporting process it's
obvious what the problem is almost every time.  But I guess we'll get there
as soon as we have debug packages in place.

Kind regards,
Philipp Kern