Re: On cadence and collaboration

On 2009-08-06, Josselin Mouette <joss@debian.org> wrote:
> And this is precisely why it was asked that for squeeze, frozen and
> testing remain different suites during the freeze. Currently I have no
> idea of whether this will happen.

While I see the point of this I don't know if I would be happy.  If people
just continue with business as usual for unstable and testing we will not
release.  See the RC bug fixing activity of the last release.

A short freeze just means that people would actually have to squash some
bugs, but it seems that the majority of DDs simply don't care.  Freezing
a bit of unstable helps us to apply some peer pressure.  Kudos to all of
them who helped releasing in the last freezing cycle.  I just don't like
the perspective of feeling alone in the next one.

Kind regards,
Philipp Kern