Re: On cadence and collaboration

"Leo \"costela\" Antunes" <costela@debian.org> wrote:

Hi,

> Using two different versions of software is IMO no boon to security for
> a series of reasons:

Discussing the validity of security policies is not the point of this
thread, so let's leave it at that, please.

> But even if I'm wrong - which I could easily concede - this doesn't
> serve as argument, since you could just as easily use two different
> versions of the same distribution, specially in scenarios where you can
> deploy LTS and STS versions concurrently.

You might need features that are not available in the older distro.

There are a lot of reasons, good and bad, that can be used to either
justify or criticize this kind of setup, but that's really not the
subject here. This was only an example, there are others, nitpicking
on this one (or any other, for that matter) is pointless.

JB.

--
 Julien BLACHE - Debian & GNU/Linux Developer - <jblache@debian.org>

 Public key available on <http://www.jblache.org> - KeyID: F5D6 5169