Re: On cadence and collaboration

[Julien BLACHE]
> I think we'll lose part of the "we release when it's ready"
> philosophy (that our RMs seem to despise so much). Because part of
> this is to freeze when it's ready.

I still don't understand what is supposed to be "new" about the
time-based freezes.  The Release Team was giving us projected freeze
dates all through the lenny release.  For example,

    http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel-announce/2008/02/msg00002.html

Of course we weren't able to hit every freeze date ... but so far I
haven't seen any reason to believe that aspect of Debian will change.