Re: On cadence and collaboration

On Wed, Aug 05, 2009 at 11:47:23AM -0700, Russ Allbery wrote:
> Marc Haber <mh+debian-project@zugschlus.de> writes:
> > At least Debian has epically failed in "wide communication" of this
> > decision by first putting out a press release before informing the
> > community itself.
>
> Which, of course, is not Ubuntu's fault.  Problems with communication
> internal to the Debian project are not ones that Mark Shuttleworth can
> solve, or should attempt to solve.

I didn't expect him to. I just wanted to point out why the headwind
experienced is so strong. Actually, trying to sync up distributions
might be an interesting idea, and it is -our- release team[1] that
epically failed in communicating, playing a vital part in the current
mess.

Greetings
Marc

[1] and I am actually quite disturbed that Mark gets to talk to the
DPL more often than Debian does

Nordisch by Nature |  How to make an American Quilt | Fax: *49 3221 2323190