Re: On cadence and collaboration

Julien BLACHE <jblache@debian.org> writes:

> Indeed. And I truly don't see how being tied to and restricted by
> other projects with differing interests can help us there. Quite to
> the contrary.

I take it then that another part of Mark's message you discarded was the
part where he explained the goal is to discover and better advertise
existing opportunities to collaborate, and *not* to have one project
“restricted” by another.

> > Well, we believe differently, and that's OK. I think it's easy
> > enough to go and speak to a few upstreams, and ask them this: "what
> > would you do differently if you knew that multiple distributions
> > would all sit down and think about which version of your code to
> > ship with their big 2010 release?" I think you'd find most of them
> > say "that would be amazing".
>
> I don't really care about what they say, I care about how they act
> upon it afterwards.

Right. If they gave that answer, I'd be responding “you didn't answer
the question: what would you do differently?”.

--
 \       “For of those to whom much is given, much is required.” —John |
  `\                                                        F. Kennedy |