Re: On cadence and collaboration

Mark Shuttleworth <mark@ubuntu.com> wrote:

[Cc:ed as I don't know whether you're subscribed to -project]

Hi,

> freeze summit, and there are significant benefits to Debian to being
> part of that rather than on a different schedule.

>From the very start of the Debian Project, Debian has been different
from everything else: different package management tools, different
philosophy, different organization, you name it.

Overall, it's been working fine for the last 16 years.

What do you think the changes you are proposing can gain us?

I don't believe in the "upstreams will care" stuff (there are good
examples of upstreams not giving a damn about distributors over the
past months) and I don't believe in the 100% end-user-centric focus
you're displaying in your mail.

Once I've removed that from your mail, and the "but Ubuntu loves you!"
stuff, there's nothing left.

JB.

--
 Julien BLACHE - Debian & GNU/Linux Developer - <jblache@debian.org>