Re: Debian decides to adopt time-based release freezes

On Tue, Aug 04 2009, Anthony Towns wrote:

> I'm a little bothered by the lack of release team involvement in
> the discussion, but I wonder if the reason isn't simply that it's
> probably pretty hard for them to pick a way of responding that won't
> be misinterpreted to fit folks predisposition to argue that "Ubuntu
> are thieves!"  or "everything's always decided behind closed doors!" or
> similar.

        I am afraid I do not see how participating in the discussion
 will fuel the paranoia of folks that "everything's always decided
 behind closed doors!" part.  They can always point out how any of the
 proposals being bruited will impact actual releases, or help iron out
 impracticalities in suggestions (not every thing need be shot down out
 of hand [yes, yes, I know, that's what I often do])

        manoj
--
When all else fails, read the instructions.