Re: Debian decides to adopt time-based release freezes

Hi,

On Tue, Aug 04, 2009 at 08:04:12AM +0200, Giacomo A. Catenazzi wrote:
> Yes, but OTOH we strongly support copyleft softwares versus the BSD-
> like softwares, because we expect to have back the works and
> because we expect to behave as a big community.
>
> I agree with you, it is not thiefs, but anyway the feeling are not
> so good, especially because we are talking about a big player with
> enough resources to behave as we do with upstreams.

I don't neccessarily want to say, that the bad feeling is not
justified. After all I never received a patch for one of my packages
from Ubuntu. But I want to make sure, that we stay objective. Of course
it would be nicer if patches were reported automatically to us.
Yes, that would strengthen the community. But we cannot require
it and so we cannot tell that Ubuntu violates anything.

Best Regards,
Patrick