Re: Debian redesign

On Wed, 29 Jul 2009 16:51:22 +0200
Ana Guerrero <ana@debian.org> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Agnieszka Czajkowska has presented this morning at DebConf a very nice
> redesign proposal off the Debian logo and the Debian website. She has
> been working on this all the last year as part of her master thesis
> in Design.
>
> You can take a look at her presentation at:
>  https://penta.debconf.org/dc9_schedule/attachments/112_debian_redesign.tar.gz
>
> Watch first the deb_redesign-talk*.jpg images then
> debian_illustration*.jpg
>
> What do you think? :D

I must say, I like the current swirl and I would miss it. But then I'm
maybe just conservative. I never understood the sense of re-branding,
re-naming, re-designing everything just for the sake of it.

About the colour: does it really have to be pink? I mean, pink? Really?

I like the illustrations, though. I don't want to comment on their
advertisement value or what the might or might not say about Debian.
But I think it's a good sign they raised a discussion. Any advertising
campaign, that doesn't, you can throw in the bin.

I especially like the swirly tentacles, that are in all but the last
illustration. Similar to the glowing one on www.debian.org. This is a
theme that could be used more throughout Debian art and become part of
the Debian "corporate" identity.

Cheers,
harry