Re: Introducing http://news.debian.net

[Let's continue discussion only in -publicity, future emails, please drop
-project]

On Mon, Aug 03, 2009 at 09:10:00PM +0200, Bernd Zeimetz wrote:
> Ana Guerrero wrote:
> > I have setup http://news.debian.net/ where I intend to publish and link
> [...]
> > Hope you like it.
>
> The idea is really good in general, but I - and probably a lot of other
> developers - would have preferred if you'd be using ikiwiki and a public git on
> alioth.

First of all, this site is not only for and by developers. This is for the Debian
community.

The usual problem with this kind of news site is not the technology you use,
with almost any technologies you can even make a pretty cool website. The problem
is *time*: having people involved who put time on it to gather news and having
people who spend 2 minutes in submitting stuff.

That said, could you explain why using ikiwiki and a public git repo is going to make
the website better, with more contributions?

Ana