Re: Debian redesign

On Sat, Aug 01, 2009 at 07:04:18PM -0300, Felipe Augusto van de Wiel (faw) wrote:
[snip]
> 	Our current logo's font is [1]Poppl Laudatio Condensed and
> Berthold sells under different types of licensing, including World
> Wide licenses.  There seems to be some different "free alternatives"
> like LaudatioC, but I would say that we can use the same idea gave
> during the talk about "Debian redesign" and implement a free
> alternative for it. (Or somebody can wonder how much would cost a
> World Wide license :)
>
>   1. http://www.bertholdtypes.com/bq_library/90090.html

You know, licensing commercial data rather than producing a libre
version of it seems to be quite at odds with the Debian way of things.

I certainly like the Debian logo, so I don't mind the typeface as such,
but I think we should at least use a free version of it.  If there's
none, we should either use some Debian funds to commission someone to
make it (if there's a willing and talented typograph to be found) or
change to a different typeface.

[snip]

Regards: David
--
 /) David Weinehall <tao@debian.org> /) Rime on my window           (\
//  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~   //  Diamond-white roses of fire //