Re: Debian redesign

On Fri, Jul 31, 2009 at 12:51:04PM +0200, Werner Baumann wrote:
> Some examples from debian_redesign and why I'm worried:
> deb_redesign-talk7.jpg shows a proposal for the Debian home page. It
> starts with "what is debian?" and ends with "all of it free." (in
> bold). At the moment at http://www.debian.org/intro/about this is "It's
> all free?" (mark the question mark) and it starts an *explanation* why
> this can be. This is what makes Debian different. You don't promise free
> beer, you explain what free software is all about.

Read http://www.debian.org/intro/about again, there is the exact same
sentence ("all of it free"), two lines before "It's all free?".

pixelgirl explained she only took the first part of the text.

Also note the page is totally fictional, as the menu on the left is
showing "News" as highlighted while the text on the right is nothing
related to news.

Mike