Re: Debian redesign

On Thu, Jul 30, 2009 at 09:19:51AM +0100, Steve McIntyre wrote:
> The new simplified swirl looks cleaner, and it would be nice to move
> to a free-er font.

The differences between the free/not-free fonts in the sample logos
are so small that I seriously doubt anyone other than a font geek
would (a) notice, or (b) bother looking...

Regarding the risque-ness of the illustrations: it's possibly a shame
that debian_illustration1.jpg is the first in the sequence (it
somewhat sets a level of expectation); but it's also a shame that
people seem not to have noticed the tagline at the top left - for that
image it's "software with passion" and the image is a play on those
words.

Having read much of this thread before I had chance to view the
images, I find I like them more than I expected to. I'd be happy to
see them used to advertise Debian.

Cheers,
Dave