Re: Debian decides to adopt time-based release freezes

On Thu, Jul 30, 2009 at 11:51, Raphael Hertzog<hertzog@debian.org> wrote:
> On Thu, 30 Jul 2009, Marc Haber wrote:
>> That's what I doubt. Ubuntu LTS will be better than Debian stable in
>> all aspects, why should anybody continue using Debian stable?
>
> Why are you using Debian and not Ubuntu?
>
> For me:
> - Debian is where we shape the future
> - Debian's goals/principles are in sync with my own values
> - Debian can be used on embedded targets
> - Debian is stable and more tested (even if we freeze at the same time, we're
>  likely to release after Ubuntu with way more fixes than Ubuntu)
>
> This is not going to change and as long as that's true, Debian won't die
> as we will keep an active development community.

This is what I call the great and irreplaceable Debian culture, or
what Martin Krafft calls The Debian System. Sorry if I sound like a
fanboy, but it's with good reason.

> World domination does not start with "competing with Ubuntu" but with
> competing with all the proprietary systems out there and for this
> we would certain benefit from more cooperation with Ubuntu.

Excellent points you put up here. Wow!

--
my place on the web:
floss-and-misc.blogspot.com