Re: Debian decides to adopt time-based release freezes

On Thu, Jul 30, 2009 at 11:17:34AM +0200, Didier 'OdyX' Raboud wrote:
> It *might* be that losing relevance on the desktop side is of little
> importance (which I believe it is _not_), but if corporate entities turn to
> use Ubuntu LTS because <insert a bunch of valuable reasons> instead of
> Debian stable, I fail to see how developers from these corporate entities
> will contribute to Debian and not to Ubuntu.

And corporate entities tend to base their decision on things like
"well, it works fine on the desktop, why not use it on the servers as
well". That's the major reason why Windows is so successful.

Greetings
Marc

Nordisch by Nature |  How to make an American Quilt | Fax: *49 3221 2323190