Re: Debian decides to adopt time-based release freezes

On Wed, Jul 29, 2009 at 08:37:20PM -0300, Otavio Salvador wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 29, 2009 at 4:55 PM, Gustavo Franco<stratus@debian.org> wrote:
> > Otavio, let me make it clear for all readers that you're talking on
> > behalf of debian installer team.
> >
> > I'm sure d-i team is very important to RM team. Communication is far
> > from being a strong quality of this project, with that in mind could
> > you please try to dissociate a little from the whole thing and raise
> > points against a time-based release freeze from d-i team point of
> > view?
>
> I think that time-based freezes are good to allow people to plan for
> it and be sure that everything are is shape when it comes.

Is it really so? Has the release team not always informed people in
time about what they were planning?

Greetings
Marc, who still thinks that the new current freeze plan will mean that
Ubuntu LTS will always be the "better" OS.

Nordisch by Nature |  How to make an American Quilt | Fax: *49 3221 2323190