Re: Debian decides to adopt time-based release freezes

On Wed, Jul 29 2009, Joerg Jaspert wrote:

> The Debian project did empower the Release Team to manage our
> releases. We did not tell them "Manage the release by exactly following
> whatever we did in the past". So they are entirely free to chose the way
> a release is done.

        §2.1. General rules
   1. Nothing in this constitution imposes an obligation on anyone to do
      work for the Project.

        So the developers are then within their rights to ignore the
 short first freeze, and work to release whenever the packages are
 really ready.

        manoj
--
"I don't believe in psychology.  I believe in good moves." Bobby Fischer