Re: Debian redesign

On Wed, Jul 29, 2009 at 12:23 PM, Patrick
Schoenfeld<schoenfeld@debian.org> wrote:
> Nice. Now we have two approaches on redesigning parts of Debian.
> I do like the design as proposed by Kalle somewhat better.

I don't think the designs are mutually exclusive.  The new logo and
the general style proposed by pixelgirl can be applied to the work
already done by Kalle, to obtain a complete new image.

On the other hand, I have to voice my concerns about the image
campaign.  I have already mailed her privately and ask her to modify
them a bit, to remove some bits that wouldn't transmit the right idea
about Debian, but I want to also state my opinion publicly, not to
flame her, but to be able to hear what other people have to say about
this.

Discussing about this on irc, some people seemed to agree with my view
that the female images are too sexual, and that the image of the
notebook on the pillow is disturbing.
Some other people seemed to think that I was exaggerating and being
stubborn about wanting these issues, and that if I had a problem with
them, I could just not use them.

While I think that the posters are beutifully made, and I get some of
the jokes intended, I think that for us to use these images, as
wallpapers, or t-shirt images, or the like, we should make sure that
they transmit the right ideas about Debian.  I don't think that they
currently do.  If I'm wrong and the rest of the project thinks they
do, please let me know.

--
Besos,
Marga