Re: Debian decides to adopt time-based release freezes

Hi,

On Wed, Jul 29, 2009 at 03:08:02AM +0200, Meike Reichle wrote:
> The Debian project has decided to adopt a new policy of time-based
> development freezes for future releases, on a two-year cycle.

I find it deeply disturbing that DDs not attending Debconf learn about
this decision via debian-announce. I would have expected at the very
least to announce, if not discuss, on a developer list before.

Do we really need to go Ubuntu on this matter (both in the objective
and in the way of decision making)?

I do sincerely hope that there will be a GR to overrule this decision.

Greetings
Marc

Nordisch by Nature |  How to make an American Quilt | Fax: *49 3221 2323190