Re: What is preventing Debian from being fully free at this moment?

* Fred <frederiquewp@gmail.com> [2009-07-29 06:12]:

> I'd love to see Debian comply to real GNU/FSF freedom. When I visit the
> website it boasts about how it is free.
>
> However, it is far from free while it is offering proprietary software as
> well as having binary blobs in the kernel.

The kernel part is known an constantly worked on, even upsteream.. If
you should find any proprietary software in main please feel free to
file an RC bug, I doubt tough that you will have success.

Please mind that Debian itself only consists of main while contrib and
non-free are provided for user convenience (see sec 5 of the social
contract http://www.debian.org/social_contract)

Yours
Martin