Re: Re-thinking Debian membership - take #1: inactivity

On Fri, Jul 24 2009, Stefano Zacchiroli wrote:

> On Thu, Jul 23, 2009 at 11:52:11PM +0200, Bernd Zeimetz wrote:
>> > Should activity in teams be enough reason to be regarded as an active DD?
>> Yes.
>
> On Thu, Jul 23, 2009 at 10:35:00PM -0500, Manoj Srivastava wrote:
>>         Also people who do translations. Perhaps we can institute other
>>  sensors/probes that can track such activity? (Committing to a VCS could
>>  send off a email to a bot recording who did the commit, for example).
>>  This can detect any activity by a person on a team VCS site, for
>>  instance.
>
> This is the kind of things I intended (and still intend) to avoid in
> the proposal. DD rights let you do things you couldn't do without
> them, mainly two: vote and do uploads [1]. I think we should measure
> them as a basis for being active, you can continue doing the other
> tasks also without DD rights.

        Fair enough. One can also add logging in to restricted machines
 to this (need to be a DD to do that), but not  if we take into account
 Steve Langaseck's argument that purely infrastructure activities should
 not serve as a basis for non-MIA.

        manoj
--
Do not think by infection, catching an opinion like a cold.