Re: Re-thinking Debian membership - take #1: inactivity

On Thu, Jul 23, 2009 at 10:26:45AM +0200, Stefano Zacchiroli wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 23, 2009 at 05:38:58AM +0200, Steve Langasek wrote:
> > If it's going to be automated, does it behoove us to also send
> > automated mails to DDs that are getting close to the two-year limit,
> > warning them?  Or is it your view that 2 years without activity is
> > so far beyond what's reasonable that there's no reason to give such
> > a warning?

> I think that the time framework is large enough not to have a
> warning.

One of the reasons I think it would be useful to have warnings is that there
are other ways in which DDs may be constantly contributing (e.g.,
contributing regularly to a package VCS), without *realizing* that they
haven't done an upload in x years; so perhaps they haven't needed to do any
uploads in that time, but aren't idle and shouldn't be idled out without
warning.