Re: Re-thinking Debian membership - take #1: inactivity

Lucas Nussbaum wrote:
> On 23/07/09 at 10:52 +0200, Bernd Zeimetz wrote:
>> Stefano Zacchiroli wrote:

>>> * DDs which are not active for 2 years or more automatically loose
>>>   vote and upload rights.
>>>
>>> * Activity is defined as not having neither voted nor signed any
>>>   upload (in the past 2 years).

>> My opinion in two short comments:
>>
>> - reduce the time to 1 year
>> - uploads won't work for all DDs (some are active in teams only, some do
>> documentation/... stuff only), a better way to measure activity is necessary
>> here probably. But voting is a good thing to look at, definitely.
>
> If a warning is sent one month before, looking at uploads is likely to
> be good enough.
>
> Let's not build something super-complex for some corner cases that can
> easily be dealt with by human intervention.

You're still forgetting the DDs which don't have packages at all. They can't
just do an upload.. We'd have to track them manually - but that's ot a bug
problem, and in the best case it just doesn't exist as they voted..:)

--
 Bernd Zeimetz                             Debian GNU/Linux Developer
 GPG Fingerprints: 06C8 C9A2 EAAD E37E 5B2C BE93 067A AD04 C93B FF79