Re: Re-thinking Debian membership - take #1: inactivity

Le Wed, Jul 22, 2009 at 06:03:41PM +0200, Stefano Zacchiroli a écrit :

> * DDs which are not active for 2 years or more automatically loose
>   vote and upload rights.
>
> * Activity is defined as not having neither voted nor signed any
>   upload (in the past 2 years).

Hi Stefano,

this is a proposal that I hope can reach a broad consensus. I think that it is
important to have a member list that does not drift too far from reality, and
the current number of DDs is not anymore a reliable indicator of Debian’s
vitality.

Personnaly, I would not mind a more stringent mechanism, for instance defining
activity as changing one’s LDAP password once per year. Or if we want to be
fancy, we could count time not in years but in releases. Releases are the
greatest events of our Project, and there would be some sense to ask the
developers if they want to do one more or retire after each time we harverst
the fruits of our hard work. For the debian-med Alioth project, I proposed to
make a post-release general ping but I am late to start it. If there is
interest, I can report how it was perceived by the members after I finish it.

But priority to consensus. I would already be happy to see your proposal
accepted as is.

Have a nice day,

--
Charles Plessy