Re: Re-thinking Debian membership - take #1: inactivity

On Wed, Jul 22, 2009 at 06:44:42PM +0200, Frans Pop wrote:
> On Wednesday 22 July 2009, Stefano Zacchiroli wrote:
> > * DDs which are not active for 2 years or more automatically loose
> >   vote and upload rights.
>
> s/loose/lose/

Thanks, bad typo.

> I guess in practice that means: have their key removed from the
> keyring, plus probably some status change in ldap? What about access
> to project machines (e.g. people.d.o)?
>
> I'd like to see the consequences spelled out in the proposal.

Right. I put only the two typical DD rights in the proposal as the
rights you will lose. For sure, technically it would be a bit more,
like loosing access to project machines. However, I don't think it
would be beneficial to spell out in the actual text all
technicalities; maybe DSA can come up with an appropriate wording
which essentially corresponds to "not being able to exercise DD
rights" anymore? (Cc-ing the team address)

Things like @debian.org address should probably stay for a while, but
I would be happier to leave those details to DSA and hence outside the
actual text proposal.

> I find it somewhat strange that these criteria used are so much
> looser than those used in the WaT runs (except that the "has a
> package in the archive" test will exclude a lot of inactive DDs from
> Wat):
> http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel-announce/2007/07/msg00004.html

FWIW, I'd be fine even with 1 year period, and I've tested how the
numbers will change: the accounts that will get disabled would be
about 240.  The rationale behind that the 2 years proposal was that
you'll get a chance to vote in at least 2 different DPL elections, but
it's fine with me either way.

Cheers.