Re: DAM and NEW queues processing

On Tue, Jul 21, 2009 at 09:34:26AM +0200, Bernd Zeimetz wrote:
> Mark Brown wrote:
> > Right, it appears to be trying to make sure that someone might possibly
> > run into in Debian has been covered.  Like I say, this is a large part
> > of my problem with it at this point - I don't think that is an
> > achievable or useful goal and it does lock out people like translators
> > (though that's more of a theoretical concern than a practical one).

> There are templates for doc writers, and it should not be too hard to work out
> something for translators. I can't see a problem here.

Like I say, the problem is/was partly the one size fits all aspect of
the packaging templates - the packaging templates are so wide ranging
that you start to get into the same sort of issue asking people
packaging questions about things that are vastly outside their area.
>From what Frans said it sounds like the templates are actually being
thinned down for individual applicants by at least some AMs which does
deal with this part of the issue.