Re: What is going wrong with NEW?

Le Thu, Mar 05, 2009 at 05:50:50PM +0100, Ana Guerrero a écrit :

> In the moment of writing these lines, we have 361 packages in the NEW queue [0].

Hello everybody,

speaking as somebody who contributed ~10 packages to the load, I would like to
help to clear the queue. I have no pretention about being able to accept
packages, but will try to browse some new ones this week-end and send a few
patches for their debian/copyright file to their ITP bug if necessary, in order
to save the time of the people taking the final decision. I encourage other
contributors to the queue to do the same. If there is a strong interst, we can
also send positive reviews to the ITP bugs, to avoid too much duplicated work.
I actually proposed some usertags for this purpose some time ago:

http://wiki.debian.org/CopyrightReview

The packages are on merkel.debian.org in the /org/ftp.debian.org/queue/new/
directory. Since they are not accessible on http://ftp-master.debian.org, I
guess that we are not allowed to communicate them to unofficial developpers.

Have a nice day,

--
Charles Plessy
Tsurumi, Kanagawa, Japan