Re: Developer Status

Stefano Zacchiroli wrote:

> On Sun, Oct 26, 2008 at 04:24:24PM -0300, Felipe Sateler wrote:
>> The Debian Contributor class is a class of people that the Debian
>> project doesn't give any tool/resource to do their work.
>
> Which is untrue:
>
> - you can dig in this thread and you will find members of DSA stating
>   that DC can be given shell access to project machines if they need
>   it
>
> - examples of well respected porters which nowadays are "nothing" for
>   Debian (in term of how we recognize them, not in term of how useful
>   they are for us!) can be given access to buildds / port machines
>
> - as per my proposal in a separate thread they can be given
>   @debian.org mail addresses

None of which were in the original proposal/announcement. These kind of stuff
would indeed make it much better (although I still have my doubts on the
design, which is why I haven't proposed any similar fixes).

> - on the same lines, they can be given commit access rights to the
>   repository of some of our infrastructure (e.g., the PTS, whose
>   committers nowadays need to be DDs, for no evident reason)

That is a separate problem that just happens to be possibly solved by this.

--

  Felipe Sateler