Re: giving @debian.org mail addresses to voting contributors

On Sunday 2008-10-26, Joerg Jaspert wrote:
> Well, different weight. To be able to clearly seperate (using the terms
> of my much-discussed text) "is a DC/DM" and "is a DME/DD". Basically
> the look to the outside (press, users, etc), if a DC/DM writes something
> it is less binding to the project than if a DME/DD writes something.
> IMO.

Don't agree with that, all depends on the subject being writen about:

For instance if the subject is debian-installer, than it's those working on
that who have more weight. If on the other and the subject is translation
than it's translators whose word carries most weight. Idem for any other
team/area.

I don't think this is a problem anyway, it's common to say 'I'm not involved
with that, talk to $person/$list instead' when asked about something you're
not involved in. The person being asked being a packager/translator/doc
writer/artist/... has no bearing on that, and in reverse if they're being
asked about their area of involvement their word should carry more weight.
--
Cheers, Cobaco (aka Bart Cornelis)