Re: Developer Status

On Sun, Oct 26, 2008 at 04:24:24PM -0300, Felipe Sateler wrote:
> The Debian Contributor class is a class of people that the Debian
> project doesn't give any tool/resource to do their work.

Which is untrue:

- you can dig in this thread and you will find members of DSA stating
  that DC can be given shell access to project machines if they need
  it

- examples of well respected porters which nowadays are "nothing" for
  Debian (in term of how we recognize them, not in term of how useful
  they are for us!) can be given access to buildds / port machines

- as per my proposal in a separate thread they can be given
  @debian.org mail addresses

- on the same lines, they can be given commit access rights to the
  repository of some of our infrastructure (e.g., the PTS, whose
  committers nowadays need to be DDs, for no evident reason)

Cheers.

--
Stefano Zacchiroli -*- PhD in Computer Science \ PostDoc @ Univ. Paris 7
Dietro un grande uomo c'è sempre /oo\ All one has to do is hit the right