Re: NEW queue

This one time, at band camp, Clint Adams said:
> On Sun, Oct 26, 2008 at 07:04:47PM +0000, Stephen Gran wrote:
> > Do you really honestly believe that people should join a team when they
> > can't get along with the existing members.  Do you really honestly believe
> > that saying that the ability to get along is expected is a bad thing?
> >
> > Pretending that there exists this limitless pool of people who want to do
> > really tedious work and be insulted for their effort except that Ganneff
> > selfishly keeps them out is both wishful thinking and less than helpful.
>
> There have existed pools of people who refused to work with James Troup, Ryan
> Murray, Anthony Towns, and Martin Schulze.  It is no stretch of the
> imagination to assume the same will be true of similar people now and in
> future.

That's fine - there will always be some people who can't work together.
Even for these boogeymen that the conspiracy nuts use to scare prospective
NMs into eating their broccoli, there were still plenty of people who
have managed to work with them over the years.  I don't think I've
argued that everyone can and should work together.  I just mentioned
that if the pool of people willing to do annoyingly tedious work in
exchange for being insulted regularly on mailing lists was that large,
we should have seen more applicants.

> The mistake, however, is presupposing that any person or particular
> subset of people has the right to mandate which particular set of social
> exclusions exists solely on the basis of the positions or powers that
> may be held.  This is the foundation which eventually leads to the
> cronyism that Manoj so despises.

What I gather from this overwrought verbiage is that you don't think
groups of people should be able to choose to work together on the part
of Debian that interests them?