Re: NEW queue

On Sun, Oct 26, 2008 at 12:39:20AM +0200, Stefano Zacchiroli wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 24, 2008 at 11:38:48PM +0200, Ana Guerrero wrote:
> >  - We keep the right to refuse *any* candidate for whatever reason.
> >
> > That is not exaclty encouraging. So think maybe you are doing
> > something wrong when calling and accepting candidates.
>
> <rant>
>
> Oh, please!
>
> They got less than 5 applications (IIRC from other mails in this
> thread), and refused only 1 of it.  Do you really think they got that
> few applications for that line in the email?

Oh right, I am still surprised some people continue reading after the line:

 - need to be able to deal with all the existing team members :)

in the same email.

> Reality is that nobody was willing/interesting enough to apply,
> because it is easier to rant against slow NEW processing than stepping
> up and offer help in such a boring task.  Before complaining *you*
> need to apply, get refused for whatever unfair reason, and only then
> you can (re)start complaining.

I am sure more than 5 people would apply and they would be rejcted without
even reading their motivations if it were not by Ganneff.

</no ranting sadly>

> </rant>
>
> Seriously, we have had and still have several core teams which were
> completely inaccessible to outsiders. In all that, the recruiting
> processes of the Release and FTP teams is one of the best things which
> happened to us in the history of core teams.

Yeah, it is an improvement over the past but...
Do you really think we need proccess for stuff like that? I think people
wanting to help in a core team like ftpmaster, after some time helping here
and there, with some constructive work, should be allowed in such teams.
The sad part here is they^whe had to send a mail asking people to work there
and adding such crappy caveats.

Ana