Re: NEW queue

On Fri, Oct 24, 2008 at 11:38:48PM +0200, Ana Guerrero wrote:
>  - We keep the right to refuse *any* candidate for whatever reason.
>
> That is not exaclty encouraging. So think maybe you are doing
> something wrong when calling and accepting candidates.

<rant>

Oh, please!

They got less than 5 applications (IIRC from other mails in this
thread), and refused only 1 of it.  Do you really think they got that
few applications for that line in the email?

Reality is that nobody was willing/interesting enough to apply,
because it is easier to rant against slow NEW processing than stepping
up and offer help in such a boring task.  Before complaining *you*
need to apply, get refused for whatever unfair reason, and only then
you can (re)start complaining.

</rant>

Seriously, we have had and still have several core teams which were
completely inaccessible to outsiders. In all that, the recruiting
processes of the Release and FTP teams is one of the best things which
happened to us in the history of core teams.

Try to see the positive aspects of things, when they are there, ... at
least once in a while.

Cheers.

--
Stefano Zacchiroli -*- PhD in Computer Science \ PostDoc @ Univ. Paris 7
Dietro un grande uomo c'è sempre /oo\ All one has to do is hit the right