Re: Re-thinking Debian membership

On Sat, 25 Oct 2008, Stefano Zacchiroli wrote:

> On Fri, Oct 24, 2008 at 02:49:13PM +0200, Michael Hanke wrote:
> > Thinking about this again, 'public' access to the keyring could also
> > be a way to address the 'large number of inactive developers' --
> > _if_ they exist. Anyone could trigger the removal of anybody (using
> > the staging approach outlined above) -- cleaning the keyring becomes
> > much like mass bug reporting (and maybe should even follow the same
> > procedure, ie.  announce what you want, let it be discussed
> > publicly, ...)
>
> No, we already have a procedure for that.
>
> If you want to help over with that, step in and help the currently
> understaffed MIA team.

If somebody wanted to tackle the issue right now, there's also the
echelon information in LDAP.  Together with a list of people who have
neither set a new password since the SSL thing nor uploaded ssh keys we
might get a list of candidates.  Contact DSA if you want to look into
it (echelon is public, keys can be found in /var/lib/misc on project
machines, passwords you'll have to ask for).