Re: Re-thinking Debian membership

Wouter Verhelst <wouter@debian.org> writes:
> If you're going to do this, there should also be another way than
> "voting" for people to reset their timer. I wouldn't want to see people
> having to propose a null vote because they didn't care for any official
> votes during the last two years and now find themselves in danger of
> being kicked out because they consider actually working on Debian to be
> of more importance than voting.

Sending a simple "abstain" to a DPL vote every other year would be
more work than proposing a null GR vote? But then again, I'm not
against adding more checks, maybe include package uploads and LDAP
information changes?

I like Lars' proposal. The only issue I have is how secure can an
automated keyring be.

--
* Sufficiently advanced magic is indistinguishable from technology (T.P)  *
*           PGP public key available @ http://www.iki.fi/killer           *