Re: Re-thinking Debian membership

pe, 2008-10-24 kello 11:42 +0200, Michael Hanke kirjoitti:
> What does this mean? It automatically ends after a vote or two years?
> Or
> is it rather (semi)automatically extended by continued contributions of a yet
> to be defined type (e.g. package uploads, bug reports/fixes)?

You become a member, and you'll be a member for two years. If you vote,
the timer resets and you will again be a member for two years. Vote
again, and the timer resets again. Etc. The resetting is automatic, as
is the retiring.

No other contributions are counted, just voting (an "abstain" vote is
fine), because otherwise we get into a mess of defining what kind of
contribution counts and what does not.