Re: Developer Status

Giacomo A. Catenazzi wrote:
> Joerg Jaspert wrote:
>> Developer Status
>> ================
>
> I start loving more this proposal.
>

>> Debian is about developing a free operating system, but there's more
>> in an operating system than just software and packages.  If we want
>> translators, documentation writers, artists, free software advocates,
>> et al. to get endorsed by the project and feel proud for it, we need
>> some way to acknowledge that.  This is where our proposal comes in.
>
> Debian is mainly software and package, so a full (voting) member
> should have some knowledge to our package system.

Documentation, Translation, User support, Events and stuff have nothing
to do with packaging.  Debian community members mainly being active in
these areas should be granted voting privileges as well.  They wouldn't
need package upload privileges, though.

To cite an extreme example, Ingo Juergensman doesn't do packaging
nor anything of the above.  Nevertheless, he's an active member of
the Debian community for many years (even despite severe problems)
by supporting the m68k port with hosts and maintenance.  He should
be able to vote on general Debian issues such as the project leader.

Regards,

	Joey

--
If nothing changes, everything will remain the same.  -- Barne's Law