Re: Developer Status

2008/10/23 Julien Cristau <jcristau@debian.org>:
> On Thu, Oct 23, 2008 at 14:41:13 -0500, Raphael Geissert wrote:
>
>> Peter Palfrader wrote:
>>
>> > Also I question what good it would actually do.
>>
>> If you only keep human maintainers in LDAP (or teams turned into LDAP groups)
>> you will end up with all the information you to easily know who is who and to
>> grant access to stuff.
     ^^^^^^^^^^^^^

IOW: this could help turn maintainers into something closer to the project by:
a) keeping track of them
b) recognising them: either you are there or not
c) granting access even if you are "just" a maintainer and not a D<something>
d) letting maintainers indicate when they are in VAC, to differentiate
them from MIA
e) <insert your own idea here>

>> It is also about turning data into, linked, information.
>>
> If this answers the above, or actually means anything at all, then I
> think I missed it.

Hope that explains it better. Sorry for not doing it before.

> Cheers,
> Julien

Cheers,
--
Raphael Geissert - Debian Maintainer
www.debian.org - get.debian.net

Rita Rudner  - "I wonder if other dogs think poodles are members of a
weird religious cult."