Re: Developer Status

On Thu, 23 Oct 2008, Raphael Geissert wrote:

> > Having NMs in a keyring, maintained by keyring-maint, would probably
> > solve this, and we could provide access to our porter machines when
> > there is the need.
>
> What about getting every maintainer's key in a keyring and LDAP? it would
> finally allow for a better management system to take place

The LDAP is DSA's tool for managing shell accounts and per-user email
setup.  It deals primarily in terms of people, who have a uid, a name, a
forwarding email address, a PGP key (fingerprint), etc.

Maintainers are concept of packages and thus leans more towards the
ftpmaster side who, if I understand correctly, already maintain a list
of all maintainers somewhere in their database.

Maintainers are also often role accounts, like I guess "Debian OCaml
Maintainers".  Therefore I don't think trying to get this particular
piece of information into the debian LDAP would be particularly straight
forward.  Also I question what good it would actually do.