Re: Forget classes, think privileges (was: Developer Status)

martin f krafft <madduck@debian.org> wrote:
> http://lists.debian.org/debian-project/2005/02/msg00079.html
[...]
> Why don't we just take each and every of those privileges and define
> criteria for how to obtain the privilege, and then simply give
> people privileges according to what they need, rather than having
> a defined set of rigid classes? Obviously, one could still group
> privileges (e.g. to be able to vote, you have to endure
> debian-private).

I think that's an excellent idea.  I would also like any privilege
request queue handled in an approximately First In First Out manner
and I would try to vote accordingly in a GR.

I've been suggesting NM reform since 2003ish.  One recent post is:-
http://lists.debian.org/debian-project/2007/11/msg00085.html

Thanks for saving me time by putting the suggestion in better words
than I could!
--
MJR/slef