Re: Developer Status

Manoj Srivastava wrote:
On Thu, Oct 23 2008, Giacomo A. Catenazzi wrote:

Reading the proposal and the people involved, I think the
proposal is to complex and bureaucratic and it doesn't
fit to the Debian structure.

        If you are not looking at the proposal on its merits, but you
 are basing your decisions o the person(s) involved in its creation,
 then you are falling into a logical fallacy called "argumentum ad
 hominem". Logical fallacies detract from the merits of your counter
 proposals, unfortunately.

It is only bad English.

Joerg nominated teams, not persons.
My "and the people involved" should be read as
"and the number of teams involved".

The number of teams increment the bureaucracy (changing
the proposal, coordination), and doesn't fit the Debian
structure (role [proposers] vs. hierarchical [proposal]).

It is bureaucratic also because of the number of "stages"
between user and DD, etc.

Anyway, it seems that other DD have similar ideas, so I let
other to express them.

ciao
	cate