NEW queue

Hi,

The NEW queue hasn't been processed for two months if we except a few
fast-tracked packages, and the number of packages it contains has
increased a lot.

Some rumors said it is due to the approaching release of Lenny, but on
the other hand some packages in NEW are targeted to experimental, which
is the suggested way to test changes for Squeeze [1].

It may also be due to the ftp-masters being busy with other things
or not feeling like working on that. In that case, I would suggest to
appoint a new ftp-master/ftp-master assistant.

Could we please have some details about that?

Regards,
Aurelien

[1] http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel-announce/2008/07/msg00007.html