Re: Developer Status

On Wed, Oct 22, 2008 at 7:33 PM, Joerg Jaspert <joerg@ganneff.de> wrote:

>  We plan to integrate DM more closely into the NM process/system
>  while keeping the spirit of easing entry into Debian for newcomers.
>  At the same time we add a separate track for less-technical
>  contributors.

I have been wanting this for a long time, I totally agree with what's
in the mail, and I'm really happy that this has been thought about and
written about, however, I'm quite disappointed on this being informed
as a done thing, without the project as a whole being asked for an
opinion.

It would have been better if this had been presented as a DEP, a GR,
or something like that.  :-\

I know that DAM's and Front Desk and the like and in charge of
accounts, but creating 2 new categories for people to participate in
is quite a change, and I think the whole project should be involved in
such a decision, as we were involved in the decision regarding Debian
Maintainers.

--
Besos,
Marga