Request for data about development

Hi--
My name is Katharine Anderson, and I'm a researcher at the University of Michigan, in Ann Arbor. My work looks at collaboration and problem solving. I'm currently working on a paper that looks at the structure of collaboration networks. I'm looking at how people with diverse skills group together when solving problems, and it occurred to me that the open-source software community is a perfect example of the phenomenon that I'm interested in. I was wondering if there was any way that I could get data on participation in development groups? Is there someone who I could talk to about that?

Thanks very much!

Katharine Anderson

Department of Economics
University of Michigan