Re: objecting to +nmuX syntax (was DEP1: Non Maintainer Uploads (final call for review))

* Stefano Zacchiroli [Tue, 12 Aug 2008 17:18:40 -0300]:

> In addition, it has the advantage of being clearer,

And the disadvantage of being less compact. Who do we /need/ to make it
clearer for? Who that wouldn't be familiar with the old syntax could
/benefit/ from this explicitness?

(In the old thread the argument "be consistent with NMUs to native
packages" was raised. For that matter, I also disagree about using +nmuX
for native packages...)

So, uhm, I guess the best we could do is give this sub-thread a bit of
time to see if more people participate on either "band". :-)

Adeodato Simó                                     dato at net.com.org.es
Debian Developer                                  adeodato at debian.org

                                  Listening to: Javier Álvarez - Plan Be