Re: NM = good, DD = bad

On Mon, 2008-08-11 at 17:37 +0200, Bruno Brandris wrote:
> On Mon, 11 Aug 2008 16:19:50 +0200
> Martin Schulze <joey@infodrom.org> wrote:
>
> > Your mails are not helpful and you're showing the SvenLuther pattern.
>
> Every time when the Debian project bites me and I punch back, so I dont
> take too much aggressions back with me to real life, then I unwillingly
> hit a few of the good guys also.

That could be a part of your problem:  This is real life.  This isn't a
video game, you're dealing with real people.

> I am sorry for that, Joey.
>
> But to be helpful in this community it requires more than super cow
> powers. The job of the DPL is obviously limited to serving the cabal as
> comedian.
> And the cabal needs more than that for entertainment, because the
> development work alone does not create genuine happyness as it seems.

{{fact}}

> So we are once again back to an old topic:
> Why does a community _need_ black sheep like Sven Luther and me?

I submit to you that we don't.  We need intelligent, reasonable people
who are willing to speak their case at full and provide confirmable
details if they have a problem.  The method you seem to have picked
instead is to accuse people of this and that in opinion wrapped in a
metaphor, then demanding that be fixed.  Perhaps if what you were trying
to accomplish didn't seem like a non-sequitor to reasonably intelligent,
rational people, you might get farther.

--
Paul Johnson
baloo@ursine.ca