Re: confusion about non-free (Re: Bits from the Debian Eee PC team, summer 2008)

On Mon, Aug 04, 2008 at 09:17:20PM +0200, Robert Millan wrote:
> It wasn't my intention at all to hurt someone, so I said things in the
> kindest way I could, without getting personal.

If that was the best you could do, that's troubling.

> But you have to see both sides of things.  When I saw that mail, the
> first thing I think is the press will pick it and announce to everyone
> that Lenny supports this hardware, with the implicit assumption that
> we have dropped our ideals and joined the non-free bandwagon
> (actually, this is still likely despite my reaction).

Of course, the press doesn't read follow-ups on (for outsiders)
unrelated lists, so you were just bashing a fellow DD, not doing any
emergency-rescue PR operation or anything.

Michael